Stephanie Lynn Nicks is an American singer, songwriter, and producer known for her work with the band Fleetwood Mac and as a solo artist.
|Full Name||Stephanie Lynn Nicks|
|Nick Name||Stevie Nicks|
|DOB||26 May, 1948|
|Birth Place||Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.|
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, Producer|
|Labels||Atlantic, Modern, Reprise, WEA, Warner Bros|
|Net Worth||$120 million|
As of July 2007, Nix lived in Paradise Valley, Arizona, a suburb of Phoenix where he had a house he built in 1981 and was joined by his brother, Christopher Nix, his wife, Lori Perry-Nix, and their daughter, Jessica, his niece. shared with. Nicks announced in mid-2007 that her Paradise Valley home would be put up for sale, citing her aspirations to “downsize” and focus more on her charity work, and in the past year she had only “had about two out there.” week spent”. The house reportedly took the market for $3.8 million and was later sold for $3 million.
Nicks became an ordained minister with Universal Life Church and attended the wedding of Deer Tick singer John McCauley and singer-songwriter Vanessa Carlton on December 27, 2013.
In 2020, Stevie Nicks wrote about it in his magazine criticizing the US response to COVID-19 and compared it to American Horror Story.
Knicks has said that he deliberately decided not to have children. Of her nieces, nieces, and extended family, she says: “I have a lot of kids. Being a crazy aunt is a lot more fun than being a mom.” Stevie Nicks has written a magazine almost every day since his tenure at Fleetwood Mac began.
- Her friend Lindsey Buckingham formed a band called ‘Fritz’ with Javier Pacheco and Calvin Roper, and invited her to join. She became part of the band in 1968 and they performed live, opening for famous musicians like Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. ‘Fritz’ disbanded in 1972.
- Nicks and Buckingham joined Mick Fleetwood’s band ‘Fleetwood Mac’ in 1975. Their first album with the band was ‘Fleetwood Mac’ in 1975. Nicks sang the hit single, ‘Rhiannon.’
- The band released ‘Rumours’ in 1977. The band members were going through a difficult time and were hoping for a success. The album which featured her single, ‘Dreams,’ became a bestseller and won a ‘Grammy Award.’
- She performed in ‘Tusk’ (1979) and ‘Live’ (1980) with the band before embarking on a solo career; she continued performing for the band in future.
- Her debut solo album ‘Bella Donna’ was released in 1981 which peaked at No.1 on the ‘U.S. Billboard chart.’ The album received multiple platinum certifications and established her as a solo star.
- ‘The Wild Heart,’ her next studio album was out in 1983, followed by ‘Rock a Little’ in 1985. Both the albums were accredited platinum status.
- She took a break from her solo career for a period of four years and returned with ‘The Other Side of the Mirror’ in 1989. It featured the hit single ‘Rooms on Fire.’
- During this period, her cocaine addiction problem worsened and she developed dependency on a sedative called Klonopin. She toured the UK, US, and Europe extensively after the release of the album, but claimed to have no recollection of the tours due to her drug problems.
- After a very difficult period in her personal as well as professional life, she came up with the album ‘Street Angel’ in 1994. The album did not do well, forcing her to take time off to get over her drug dependency.
Career and Musical Achievements:
Stevie Nicks joined her first band, “The Changing Times”, as a student at the Arcadia High School in Arcadia, California. She met Lindsey Buckingham while studying at San Jose State University in Northern California, where Nicks majored in Speech Communication. After performing and touring for a few years, Nicks and Buckingham were hired by Fleetwood Mac on January 1, 1975.
Nicks’ “Rhiannon” which appeared on the band’s 1975 album was well-received by the music press and live performances gained her an enigmatic reputation as one of indie’s most engaging and enchanting voices. Her contribution to Rumours, one the highest-selling albums in history, was “Dreams”, which became the only number 1 Fleetwood Mac hit single on Billboard Hot 100 to date.
Nicks is widely credited as one of the few artists in the history of rock music to establish a solo career while remaining a member of a successful band.
Stevie Nicks Favorites
Hobbies: Cooking, Dance, Drawing
Favorite Destination: Germany
Favorite Food: Chicken Rice
Favorite Color: Gray