Dominique Armani Jones (born December 3, 1994), known professionally as Lil Baby, is an American singer and rapper from Atlanta, Georgia. He rose to mainstream fame in 2017 following the release of his mixtape Perfect Timing, becoming one of the most prominent figures in the trap music scene to date.
|Real Name||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Date of Birth||December 4, 1994|
|Age||27 years old|
|Birthplace||Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Net Worth 2022||$6 Million|
Lil Baby’s debut studio album Harder Than Ever (2018) was certified RIAA Platinum and included the song “Yes Indeed” (with Drake), which peaked at six on the Billboard Hot 100. He went on to release two more mixtapes in 2018, Drip Harder and Street Gossip, the former containing his most popular song “Drip Too Hard”, which peaked at number four on the Billboard Hot 100, and the latter peaking at number two on the US Billboard 200. Lil Baby’s second studio album, My Turn (2020), peaked at number one on the Billboard 200 and is certified three times platinum by the RIAA. The song “We Paid” (with 42 Dugg) charted at number ten on the Hot 100. In June 2020, he released the single “The Bigger Picture”, which peaked at number three on the Hot 100, becoming the highest-charting song as a lead artist of his career. In 2021, Lil Baby released the collaborative album The Voice of the Heroes with Lil Durk, which debuted at number one on the Billboard 200.
- Lil Baby was born in Atlanta, Georgia, on December 3, 1994, into a lower middle class family, which lived in the suburb of Georgia. Throughout his childhood, he was exposed to many criminal activities. Since many of his neighbors were making a living out of petty crimes, Lil Baby did not have much of an option but tread the path laid by his neighbors.
- Lil Baby was never interested in academics. His lack of interest in studies made his parents worry about his future. In the late 90s, a musical genre called ‘Gangsta rap’ was at its peak and almost every other kid was influenced by it. Lil Baby too, was attracted to the musical genre, which eventually pulled him towards rap. However, making a career out of it was never the plan.
- He spent most of his early days by just hanging around with his friends and by selling illegal drugs on the street. He also often got involved in brawls. When some of his childhood friends went on to make successful careers in music, he felt left out, but refused to change his ways.
- He always had a passion for music, but leading the life of a criminal seemed better and easier than any other profession. He was sentenced to five years in prison for selling drugs.
- While in prison, he showed signs of improvement, due to which he was released in just two years. Upon his release, he decided to lead a better life and his childhood friend Coach K came forward to help him.
- They established a music label ‘Quality Control,’ and his childhood friends Pierre Thomas (Pee), and Kevin Lee (Coach K) started working together. Around this time, Lil Baby started developing his debut mixtape.
- In April 2017, Lil Baby released his debut mix tape ‘Perfect Timing.’ The album was a collaborative effort by all of Lil Baby’s childhood friends, who worked together to ensure the success of the album.
- Lil later said that he and his team took just two days to come up with the mix tape and that was when he realized that he had a natural flair for music. The mix tape took Atlanta’s underground music scene by storm. The album was played in many pubs, bars, and cafes in and around Georgia.
- Lil Baby was praised for his lyrics. Most of his lyrics were inspired by the experience he had during his time in prison. He had also written about his thoughts on leading the life of a petty criminal.
- He became even more popular with the release of his next mix tape, ‘Harder than Hard.’ While the lyrics explained the psychological pain that he suffered because of his past, the catchy beats and tunes ensured the success of the album. Some of the songs, such as ‘My Dawg,’ ‘Ride or Die,’ and ‘My Drip’ went on to become chartbusters.
- Lil Baby presently works for his ‘Quality Control’ label, which he co-owns, along with his childhood friends.
- In 2021, for his song, “The Bigger Picture”, Lil Baby was nominated for two Grammy Awards – ‘Best Rap Performance’ and ‘Best Rap Song’.
Dominique Jones is often regarded as one of the most influential rappers of our time. American young music lovers have been treated to very catchy music numbers by him. It is the music industry that provides him with most of his income. His songs from both albums became viral hits very quickly. According to Forbes, Lil Baby is worth $4 million. The release of his next rap album will likely increase his total net worth.
- He was raised in the city by his father and mother. Originally named Dominique Jones, Lil Baby grew up in poor conditions and took little care of himself.
- On January ten, 2020, Lil Baby released a second single from his album, “Sum of the Proof”, which reached number sixteen on the recent one hundred.
- Furthermore, Jones’ song “For the Night” appears on Pop Smoke’s late debut album Aim for the Moon, which is set for release in July 2020. “For the Night” placed six on the most recent Billboard Hot 100.
- Lil Baby’s concert was interrupted numerous times because shots popped off the stage during his performance in Birmingham, Alabama. The audience and him fled in fear. An incident was also portrayed in a video that surfaced on Twitter, where two men appeared to be looking for an exit. After they entered, gunfire was heard.
- The incident reportedly resulted in one person being rushed to the hospital. The victim suffered critical injuries, and there was no inactive suspect, as a police officer would expect.
- Lil Baby’s father hasn’t loved him since he was a child. In fact, Lil Baby has no idea what his father is like. While his uncle was his mentor, he was also extremely attached to the United Nations agency.