Patna A massive fire broke out in Visvesvaraya Bhawan near the striking turn of Patna, the capital of Bihar this morning. A fire broke out in the third floor of Visvesvaraya Bhawan, which houses offices of several government departments, in the morning, police sources said here. As soon as the information was received, the fire brigade reached the spot and the people trapped inside were taken out safely.
Sources said that the fire was brought under control after a struggle of about two hours. The cause of the fire was not immediately known but it is likely that the building was undergoing maintenance work these days and the fire was caused by a short circuit. There is a possibility of burning important documents of many departments in the fierce fire.