Mutual Funds: High returns in mutual fund schemes are unusual. Such gains are usually associated with direct equity investments. Last year was a great year for the stock market. During the same period, large-cap indices generated returns of over 50%. However, the main action was in the broader market and in some industries, where funds more than doubled in one year.
The NAV or Net Asset Value of a mutual fund is the per unit value. The NAV of a mutual fund fluctuates daily. The market value of a fund’s shares is represented by its Net Asset Value (NAV).
To arrive at the NAV, the total value of all cash and securities in a fund’s portfolio, minus any liabilities, is divided by the number of shares outstanding. The NAV calculation is important as it determines the value of a single fund share.
Now let us tell you about those funds whose NAV has doubled last year:-
ICICI Prudential Commodities Fund
- ICICI Prudential Commodities Fund Direct-Growth is an ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund thematic mutual fund scheme.
- The 1-year growth rate of ICICI Prudential Commodities Fund Direct is 68 percent.
- Its average annual return since its inception has been 27%.
- Most of the money in the fund is invested in the metals, construction, energy, chemical and FMCG industries.
- The NAV of ICICI Prudential Commodity Fund as on August 13, 2021 is 92.
Quant Small Cap Fund – Direct Plan
- Quant Small Cap Fund Direct Plan-Growth is a small cap mutual fund scheme.
- The last one year growth return on Quant Small Cap Fund Direct Plan is 10 per cent.
- Its average annual return since its inception has been 48 percent. Indiabulls Real Estate Limited, Caplin Point Laboratories Limited, India Cements Limited, EID-Parry (India) Limited, and Stylum Industries Limited are the top five holdings of the fund.
- The NAV of Quant Small Cap Fund as on August 13, 2021 is 71.
Kotak Small Cap Fund – Direct Plan
- Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth is a Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund Small Cap Mutual Fund scheme.
- Kotak Small Cap Fund Direct-Growth has a 1-year return of 99 per cent.
- It has given an average return of 71 per cent per annum since its inception.
- The top 5 holdings of the fund are Century Plyboards (India) Limited, Carborundum Universal Limited, Sheela Foam Limited, Lux Industries Limited, Persistent Systems Limited.
ICICI Prudential Technology Fund
- ICICI Prudential Technology Direct Plan-Growth is an ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund Sector-Technology Mutual Fund plan.
- The 1-year growth return on ICICI Prudential Technology Direct plan is 108.98 per cent.
- It has given an average return of 27.42 per cent per annum since its inception.
- The fund has a majority stake in the technology, services, communications, engineering and financial sectors. As compared to other funds in the category, it has taken less exposure in the technology and services sectors. Infosys Ltd., Tech Mahindra Ltd., HCL Technologies Ltd., Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., and Persistent Systems Ltd. are among the top five holdings of the fund.
(Investment advice in any fund is not being given by ABP News here. The information given here is for informational purposes only. Mutual fund investments are subject to market risk, read all scheme documents carefully. NAV can fluctuate depending on the factors and forces influencing the security market including fluctuations in interest rates.The past performance of a mutual fund may not necessarily reflect the future performance of the schemes. The mutual fund does not guarantee or guarantee any dividend under any of the schemes and is subject to the availability and adequacy of distributable surplus. Investors are advised to review the prospectus carefully and seek specific legal, tax and scheme You are requested to seek expert professional advice regarding the financial implications of investing/participating in
Multibagger Stock Tips: This stock increased the wealth of investors in 2021, gave a return of 1224%
Multibagger Stock Tips: These multibagger sugar stocks did amazing, gave up to 281% return