Holi brings a fresh burst of colours in everyone’s heart. Colours of spring, colours of life, love and newness. We celebrate those colours as the season itself gets celebratory. And what is celebration without food? Spring is the season of newness and freshness. And the celebratory menu should also be fresh, new. Right? Keeping that in mind these restaurants in Kolkata, have come up with their delectable Holi offerings for you to enjoy. Let us too, dive deep and soak up in the colours of Spring.
Inspired by street, cars and the pandemonium that engulfs people while travelling on the road, the ambience of this gastropub reflects the world of traffic at large. Recycled items such as bottles, tins, and parts of a bicycle are utilised by Traffic Gastropub that give us the feel of that rustic and industrial look, setting it apart from the other pubs in town. The industrial décor coupled with desi style graffiti and murals will amuse you in addition, to the wackiest cocktails that is, at par with quality.
What: Traffic Holi Menu
Where: 2nd Floor, City Centre 2, Rajarhat, Newtown, Kolkata-700157
When: March 24 – 31, 2021
Timing: 12 Noon – 12 Midnight
Cost for two: Rs. 1500/- (Approx) with alcohol
On the menu:
- Holi Thandai Shots (Bar Man’s Special)
- Colour of Life (A vodka-based drink with a simple mixture of orange and cranberry juice)
- Waiting for Green Signal (A concoction of vodka, white rum and dark rum mixed with simple syrup, aam panna, green mint and chaat masala)
- Bhigi Chunri (Cheesy malai chicken boti)
- Matka ka Jhatka (Chicken matka served with trio dip)
- Rang Rasiya (Mutton kosha stuffed panipuri)
- Balam Pichkari (Son Halwa in Traffic Tri colour)
Sab Ka Club
Sab keliye Sab Ka Club! That’s the impression of this unique all-day, all-season food hub—a place for all to put their feet up! Sab Ka Club has innovatively explored its sprawling space to create a heterogeneous environment. There’s a section where the opulence of a typical zamindar’s house is represented through the ornate-looking wrought iron chairs placed around a faux fountain, which captures the mood of a bygone era. An extension of this section sports chandeliers, ornamented lampshades, a gigantic lotus painting covering a wall, rich upholstery with floral motifs, and white pillars adding to the colonial feel.
Black and white checkered tiled flooring, white and grey colors, vibrantly rich velvet curtains, wooden furniture with a teak finish, unfinished walls, and pink lotuses have all combined to create an interior that boasts of a mix of conventional and unique décor elements.
What: Sab Ka Club Holi menu
Where: 86A, Topsia Road Haute Street Corporate Park B Wings, 6th Floor, West Bengal 700046
When: March 22– 29, 2021
Timing: 12Noon – 1.00AM
Cost for two: Rs. 1600/- (Approx) with alcohol
On the menu:
- Beer Booster (A combination of sandy andwhisky)
- Holi ki Goli (Spiced and flavoured whisky shots)
- Thandai Rang Rasia (Vodka with thandai with a touch of grenadine, shaken and chilled and served with ice)
- Spring Cooler (SKC barman special gin-based cocktail. This is amust try)
- It’s Rainbow (A colourful combination with vodka andrum)
- Spicy Mozzarella Ball (Mozzarella cheese with Jalapeno, crumb fried, served with a cocktail dip)
- Tandoori Malai Pineapple (Fresh pineapple slices marinated, charcoal grilled, and served with mint dip)
- Mutton BotiKebab (The spicy marinated boneless mutton kebab will definitely make your day special)
- Honey Sriracha Prawns (Batter fried prawns tossed in spicy sriracha sauce)
- Fish Kabiraji (Holi special from traditional Bengali cuisine. Made with beckti fish)
- Rangeela Kebab Platter(Mouthwatering SKC special non-veg kebab platter)
Canteen Pub& Grub
Missing college canteen is no more for the pass-outs only. The students studying in colleges now, miss the adda joints as well. Why so? Because COVID-19 has brought their college life in front of computer screens and online classes.
Canteen Pub and Grub is quite inspired from the college canteens and wanted to give us a place with that rustic old vibe of that of our college canteen in a whole new way and style.
Contemporary floral wallpapers, designer wooden works, an array of designer photo frames, and 80’s inspired flooring makes the decor extravagant.Green is the theme of this Pub.
What: Canteen Pub & Grub Holi Special menu
Where: City Centre 1, DC Block, Sector 1, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700064
When: March 23-29, 2021
Timing: 12Noon –1.00AM
Cost for two: Rs. 1700/- (Approx) with alcohol
On the menu:
- Rangeen Fuljhadi (Fivespirits infused gummy bears in sweet andsour base)
- Rang ki Raasleela (Blue tea andgin)
- Balam Pichkari (Bubblegum vodka andmarshmallow)
- Rainbow Rice Flakes Cake (Baked Rice Flakes Cake with the special touch of Chef)
- Chicken Gilafi Kebab (Chicken mince marinated in chefs special tandoor spices)
- Rangoli Kebab (Chunks of chicken cooked in five different tandoori masala)
The Lords and Barons
Each one of us, sometime or other, have traveled time through our History Books and left it to our imagination how the British Colonial Calcutta has looked like. What if, sitting in the 21st Century we really get to enjoy the ambience and feel of the long-lost bygone era where a Brit Pub with an old-world charm and progressive modern cuisine is combined together?
Well…The Lords and Barons is giving a chance to the Kolkatans to travel back to the 19th Century ‘Calcutta’! With the authentic approach in the interior and era-syncing food and drink, The Lords and Barons is going to set an example as a truly historical British Pub.
Tucked away in Park Street, this is an absolute delight for the people seeking an experience.
What: JeeBharkeKhelo, jeebharke khao
Where: 20B, Park Street, Park Street Area, Kolkata- 700016
When: March 22-27
Cost for two: Rs 1500/- (Approx) with alcohol
On the menu:
- Vodka Thandai (New-age thandai with vodka)
- Holy Mountain (A cocktail made with white rum, coconut water, orange juice, and cranberry juice)
- Rang Rasiya (Good ol’ whisky flavoured with cinnamon syrup)
- Paan Rabri (A dessert drink made with rabri and vodka)
- Mind Eraser (A heady concoction of brandy, Old Monk, ice cream and thandai)
- Gulab Thandai(How can Holi be without some alcohol-infused thandai? This one has tequila, rose syrup, honey and almonds)
- Banaras Ki Rim Jhim Aloo (Stuffed with green peas, kurkure potatoes and tangy in-house spices)
- Basanta Bahar(Tuna watermelon canapes)
- Rangali Paneer (This has cottage cheese cooked in three different ways)
- Chicken Sholay Ki Holi (Chicken supreme cooked with mustard flavour and colourful peppers)
- Pizza Rang Ki Bawchhar (Barbecue chicken, red onion, cilantro and mozzarella cheese)
- Fish Rang Barse(Our favourite Fish and Chips)
- Cheesy Mohabbatein(The delectable and colourful blueberry cheesecake)
Hard Rock Cafe
This half-a-century old American restaurant is a brand that is synonymous with music, great food, and entertainment. Its global appeal is second to none in the restaurant business, with crowd-pulling venues peppered all over the world. Although Hard Rock Cafe is known primarily for its ode to music, Hard Rock Signature dishes, and pioneering the historic rock and roll memorabilia, it also boasts of its large-scale social responsibilities. Head to Hard Rock Cafe Kolkata and celebrate the spirit of Holi with their boozy milkshakes, available in their menu.
What: Hard Rock Cafe Kolkata Holi Special item
Where: Park Mansion, 57-A, Park St, Taltala, Kolkata-700016
When: March 28, 2021
Timing: 12Noon – 12Midnight
Must Try: Cookies & Cream Milkshake
Cost for two: Rs. 2500/- (Approx) with alcohol
The favourite in the hospitality industry for nine-long decades, Aminia, serving Mughlai cuisine since 1929, has kept on surprising us with their delectable food, traditional recipes, and richness of taste. And Holi celebrations cannot be complete unless we taste some Mughlai delecacies.
What: Aminia Holi Special item
- Address for Golpark outlet: 57, Golpark, Ballygunge Gardens, Gariahat, Kolkata – 700019
- Address for Nagerbazar outlet:166, Jessore Rd, Shyam Nagar, Satgachi, South Dum Dum 700055
- Address for Shyam Bazar outlet: 94, BidhanSarani, Sovabazar, Hatibagan, Shyam Bazar, Kolkata – 700004
- Address for Chinar Park outlet: Rajarhat Main Rd, opposite Karnataka Bank, Chinar Park, Sukanta Pally, Baguiati, Kolkata -700136
- Address for Behala outlet: 54, Diamond Harbour Rd, Pathak Para, Behala, Kolkata – 700060
- Address for Barrackpore outlet: 62, SN Banerjee Rd, opposite Great Eastern, Sardar Bazar, Kolkata – 700120
- Address for Serampore outlet: 212, Grand Trunk Rd, Mahesh, Mahesh Colony, Serampore– 712202
- Address of Sodepur outlet: 12 BT Road, Sodepur, Kolkata – 7000114
When: All around the year
Timing:11.30AM – 11.30PM
On the menu: Assorted Kebab Platter (Veg and Non-veg)
Cost for two: Rs 700/-
Unplugged Courtyard, is your panache address of the city for everything you are looking at, to make your experience the most perfect one. Unplugged Courtyard is fun, modern and it reflects an urban chic vibe. Without controlling its skill to switch from a relaxed daytime hangout to a refined nightfall space, Unplugged Courtyard is right vibe of an unmistakably ‘laid-back’ space. The USP of the place lies in its majestic and mystical open area, courtyard and open terrazza which transports you straight to relaxed holidays. Unplugged Courtyard represents food industry in new India, one that expects global standards of hospitality; in an ambience that is as sophisticated as it is luxuriously decadent, with the essence of a fun bar, backed by excellent food and service.
Apart from specially curated Holi recipes, one can expect a hoard of musical performances, free Thandai, and every day lucky draws.
What: Holi Specials
Where: Rooftop, 13 Hotel Golden Park, Ho Chi Minh Sarani, Kolkata: 700071
When: March 21-28, 2021
Mon & Tues: 4PM-12Midnight
Wed: 2PM- 4AM
Thurs: 2PM- 12Midnight
Fri & Sat: 2PM-4AM
Cost for two:Rs 1500/- (Approx) (With alcohol)
On the menu:
- Thandai Cheese cake (Inhouse Thandai, Gulkand mousse, Pistachio sponge, Dry rose petals, and Pistachio crumble)
- Rang Rasiya(Made with vodka, strawberry crush, lime juice, egg white and cranberry juice. Garnished with UC logo embossed orange peel)
- Holi Haria(With gin, green apple syrup, lime juice, egg white and apple juice, the drink, tastes out of the world!)
- Neela Ambar
May all your Holi celebrations be as colourful and happy as ours. Have a safe, responsible and happy Holi!