NZ Vs PAK: The New Zealand cricket team recently canceled the limited overs series against Pakistan due to security reasons. New Zealand players have returned to their country after the cancellation of the series. However, New Zealand has thanked Pakistan for taking full care of the safety of its players.
The New Zealand cricket team has reached Auckland on Wednesday after taking off from Dubai. New Zealand players will now have to stay quarantined in the hotel for the next 14 days. Last week, the limited overs series against Pakistan was called off shortly before the first match after New Zealand Cricket received a threat alert from their government.
New Zealand’s team will be part of the T20 World Cup next month. According to the report, 24 members of the 34-member squad have returned home while the rest will join New Zealand’s T20 World Cup squad for next month’s tournaments in the UAE and Oman.
Said thanks to the officials of Pakistan
New Zealand’s acting captain Tom Latham took things differently. He said, “We managed to reach Dubai after 24 hours of taking the decision. People saw it in a slightly different way.
Latham thanked the Pakistani authorities for keeping the Kiwi team safe. Latham said, “When we were there after the verdict, the officials of Pakistan were brilliant. We should definitely thank them.”
Let us tell you that a three-match ODI series was to be played between Pakistan and New Zealand. England also canceled the tour of Pakistan after New Zealand canceled the series. The decision of these two countries has dealt a major blow to the return of cricket in Pakistan.
Shikhar Dhawan beats KL Rahul, regains control of Orange Cap