November is here and a month-long event where men don’t shave for the entire month as a creative way to “grow” awareness and money to fight cancer No-Shave November is started. It’s a cool way to spread awareness about cancer and at the same time its a fashion statement. But have you ever thought about No Plastic November? Let’s don’t use plastic for at least one month. It is a challenge to people of all ages to refuse plastic during November. No Plastic should be used not only in November but for the lifetime.
NO MORE PLASTIC
What Is No Plastic November?
“No Plastic November” brings awareness to the problem of plastic pollution and challenges people of all ages to refuse plastic during November. As we all know plastic is hazardous for animals, birds, Mother Nature and even human. Plastic pollution has become one of the most critical environmental issues. Here are some facts about Plastic Pollution.
1. Production of Plastic is increased from 2.3 million tons in 1950 to 448 million tons by 2015. It is expected to double by 2050.
2. 8 million tons of plastic waste escapes into the oceans from coastal nations every year.
3. 100,000 marine mammals and turtles and 1 million sea birds are killed by marine plastic pollution annually.
4. Worldwide, about 2 million plastic bags are used every minute.
5. The average time that a plastic bag is used for is 12 minutes only.
6. The average person eats 70,000 microplastics each year.
If you can’t REUSE it, REFUSE it.
What You Can Do to End Plastic Pollution
There will be more plastic than fish in the ocean by 2050. Check out these easy ways you can start reducing your waste in your everyday life!
1. Use a reusable paper or cloth bag instead of the polythene bag. A single plastic bag can take 1,000 years to degrade. Purchase or make your reusable paper bag.
2. Stop using plastic straws even in restaurants.
3. Stop buying water bottles. Carry your thermosteel water bottle with you.
4. Choose cardboard over plastic bottles and bags. If any food or grocery available in cardboard packaging then prefer it.
5. Use a razor with replaceable blades instead of a disposable razor.
6. Make fresh-squeezed juice or eat fruit instead of buying juice in plastic bottles. It’s healthier and better for the environment.
7. Shop in bulk. Instead of buying 3 small packets of chips, you should grab a big packet.
8. Don’t use plastic decoration items. Use colourful papers for the gift wrapping.
Be a part of the solution, not part of the pollution.
No Plastic Forever
The intention behind this No Plastic November is to spread awareness about ZERO use of the plastic. Starting from November, stop using Plastic forever. It’s very easy to stop plastic pollution. Remember one thing, we are safe because our mother nature is safe. There will be no life if we will keep polluting our earth. We have no rights to pollute our earth and our environment. We are already late and if we will not stop here, our next generation will not be able to feel the beauty of the mother nature.
Challenge yourself not to use any kind of plastic at least for a month and continue doing so for the lifetime. Share this campaign with the #NoPlasticNovember on social media.
Read More: 10 Environmental Problems