The notification for the election of the Congress President’s post was issued on Thursday and with this the process of choosing the person who will hold the highest office of the country’s oldest political party formally started.
Image Credit source: TV9
Congress leader Sonia Gandhi And after Rahul Gandhi is out of the election for the post of President, now everyone’s eyes are on who will be sitting on the highest post of the country’s oldest political party. Congress President’s Election Notification was issued on Thursday for the election of the country’s oldest political party and with this the process of formally selecting the person who will hold the highest office of the country’s oldest political party. The notification was issued by the Central Election Authority headed by senior party leader Madhusudan Mistry.
Amid the issuance of notification for the post of Congress president, party leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday said he has to follow all the decisions, including ‘one person, one post’, taken at a meditation camp in Rajasthan’s Udaipur earlier this year. expected to go. Rahul Gandhi said, the post of Congress President is not just an organizational post, but it is an ideological post and a belief system.
Important things related to the election of Congress President :-
- Despite the proposal of Congress committees in half a dozen states and persuasion of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, Rahul Gandhi has refused to become the Congress President. After Rahul Gandhi’s refusal, it has now been decided that the election for the post of President in Congress will be between Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot and Thiruvananthapuram Congress MP Shashi Tharoor.
- There was a big challenge before the Congress to field Ashok Gehlot in the election for the post of President. Actually Gehlot is not ready to give up the chair of CM of Rajasthan at any cost. However, after meeting Rahul Gandhi, he has said that I am ready to leave the post of CM, because I will not be able to do justice to two posts.
- Rahul Gandhi has advised Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot of ‘One Man One Post’. Gehlot may have understood Rahul’s advice, but the leaders of his camp are not digesting this. He has asked the party high command to announce the name of CM of Rajasthan before the election of the President.
- After the refusal of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi, now the election of the President’s post can be held between senior party leaders Shashi Tharoor, Ashok Gehlot and Digvijay Singh. Shashi Tharoor has taken NOC from Sonia Gandhi to contest the elections, while Gehlot has now agreed to the nomination. On the other hand, Digvijay Singh has also said in gestures that I am also in the field.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, while talking to the media between the first and second phase of the day of ‘Bharat Jodo Yatra’, said that the post of Congress President is not just an organizational post, but it is an ideological post and a belief system.
- Ashok Gehlot, agreeing to contest for the post of Speaker, has recommended the name of Rajasthan Assembly Speaker CP Joshi for the post of CM. Gehlot had met Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday.
- Ashok Gehlot may remain CM till the end of February to present the last budget of the Rajasthan government. According to sources, CM Ashok Gehlot has recommended the name of Speaker CP Joshi for the next Chief Minister of the state.