Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY): After the Corona crisis, the demand for life insurance and health insurance has increased in the country. People are getting life insurance and health insurance in large numbers. However, all types of insurance have also become expensive during this period. Today we are telling you about such a government insurance scheme, in which you will get life insurance by paying very low premium annually.
only 330 Annual installment of Rs.
- The name of this scheme is Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY).
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana was launched on 9 May 2015.
- Its annual premium is Rs 330. This amount is taken from your bank account through ECS.
- Banks levy administrative charges in the scheme amount. Apart from this, GST is also applicable on this amount.
Fulfilling the vision of ensuring social security for all!#PMJJBY is providing life insurance cover at a minimal premium of ₹330 per year for people between 18-50 years through their bank accounts.#AmritMahotsav @FinMinIndia pic.twitter.com/yI04fi9U9f
— DFS (@DFS_India) January 22, 2022
Term insurance plan is PMJJBY
- PMJJBY is a one year life insurance plan.
- It can be renewed every year.
- The benefit of this scheme is available to the nominee only after death. That is, it is purely a term insurance plan only.
- Term plan of an insurance company means protection against risk. In a term plan, the insurance company pays the sum insured only on the death of the policyholder. If the person taking the policy remains well after the completion of the term, then he does not get any benefit. In fact, term plans are a great way to provide risk protection at very nominal premiums.
- Under PMJJBY, if the policyholder dies, his family gets Rs 2 lakh.
Who can get the benefit of this scheme
- The minimum age for taking a term plan under PMJJBY is 18 years and the maximum age is 50 years.
- Any citizen of India can take advantage of this scheme.
- The maturity age of this policy is 55 years.
- The annual installment under this plan is paid before 31st May during each annual coverage period.
- If the PMJJBY policy is purchased on any date, its coverage for the first year will be till 31st May of the next year.
- In subsequent years, the cover of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) can be renewed every year on June 1 by paying the premium amount from the bank account.
Documents required for Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Aadhar card of the applicant
- identity card
- bank account passbook
- mobile number
- passport size photo
No need for medical examination
No medical examination is required to buy insurance in PMJJBY.
where to open PMJJBY Account
- LIC can be approached for opening an account. The government has declared LIC as its authorized company for PMJJBY.
- Apart from this, the government has also authorized some private insurance companies to open PMJJBY accounts.
- After filling the form directly from the official website https://www.jansuraksha.gov.in/, you can open an account by giving it to the bank where you have an account.
- To solve any problem with the scheme, the Prime Minister Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana helpline number can be contacted.
- The helpline number is 18001801111 / 1800110001.
- For more information related to Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) click here – http://jansuraksha.gov.in/
How to make a claim?
- If the person who has been insured, after his death, his nominee can claim under the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana.
- After this, first of all, the nominee of the policy holder should contact the bank.
- Then the nominee will have to take the Prime Minister Jeevan Jyoti Insurance Claim Form and Discharge Receipt from the bank.
- Then the nominee will have to submit the claim form and discharge receipt form along with photographs of death certificate and canceled cheque.
read this also:
Bank Account: What to do with the bank account after someone’s death? turn it on or off
Ration Card: If the address of the house has changed, then transfer the ration card like this, this whole process