Osho Rajneesh was an Indian cult leader, spiritual teacher and creator of dynamic meditation.
Here are 15 quotes of Osho to turn you outside in !
1. The past is no more and the future is not yet: both are unnecessarily moving in directions which don’t exist. One used to exist, but no longer exists, and one has not even started to exist. The only right person is one who lives moment to moment.
2. Sadness comes, joy comes, and everything passes by. What remains always is the witness. The witness is beyond all polarities.
3. If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.
4. Be. Don’t try to become. Within these two words, be and becoming, your whole life is contained. Being is enlightenment, becoming is ignorance.
5. Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance.
6. Be realistic: Plan for a miracle.
7. Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it.
8. Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny–he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally–you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you.
9. My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices. It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently.
10. Millions of people are suffering: they want to be loved but they don’t know how to love. And love cannot exist as a monologue; it is a dialogue, a very harmonious dialogue.
11. I love this world because it is imperfect. It is imperfect, and that’s why it is growing; if it was perfect it would have been dead.
12. Discover yourself, otherwise you have to depend on other people’s opinions who don’t know themselves.
13. When you really laugh for those few moments you are in a deep meditative state. Thinking stops. It is impossible to laugh and think together.
14. Get out of your head and get into your heart. Think less, feel more.